Monday, September 29, 2008

Kids say the funniest things

One of the reasons I love my job is because I get to have fun. Don't get me wrong, there are parts of my job that I could do without. For the most part being a counselor means I get to play games, color, or read stories while I help kids.

Since I work with kids from ages 3 to 9 I have gotten a lot of different reactions to my pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Sarah one of my students asked "Whose the baby's daddy?" That was probably took me more by surprise than anything.

What was said today was more funny than surprising. I had a student who had come to my room for the first time. She immediately found the picture of Sarah that I have on my desk and asked who it was. I told her it was my daughter Sarah and that she was two. Then she got a quizzical look on her face and asked "Well whose that in there?" as she pointed to my belly. That just made me smile and I told her we weren't sure who was in there yet but I would let her know.

1 comment:

Anjolee said...

aawww that's cute! the baby daddy comment was funny too!